Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia. Raychem HWAT provides instant hot water for all 42 floors.
Large commercial buildings need a way to provide hot water at the tap in the most energy efficient way, without long waits or wasting water.
Hot Water Temperature Maintenance Heat Trace System
nVent Thermal Management has a sophisticated domestic hot water temperaturemaintenance (HWAT) system that provides immediate hot water at the tap that is more energy efficient and saves more water than a recirculation system.
Whereas, a recirculation system:
- Requires that you keep the water heater temperature in the system at least five degrees above the maintain temperature to compensate for the heat that is lost in the recirculation loop.
- Requires return lines, pumps, and balancing valves as part of the system.
nVent Thermal Management hot water temperature maintenance (HWAT) system provides a simple, reliable alternative to recirculation in commercial buildings. The HWAT system:
- Maintains the water at a uniform temperature along the entire length of the supply pipe. Thus, it is unnecessary to heat the water above the maintain temperature.
- Includes HWAT heat trace cables that can be installed up to the fixture, which mean that you get hot water faster and waste less water.
HWAT is a fully integrated system that includes:
- Electric heat trace cables – the HWAT-Y2 and HWAT-R2 heat trace cables adjust their power output along the entire length of the pipe to compensate for variations in water temperature and ambient temperature. These cables are designed for installation on hot water supply pipes underneath standard pipe insulation.
- Connection kits and accessories – items for making electrical connections and properly completing the installation, such as power connection and end seal kits.
- Advanced control systems – electronic controllers that monitor and/or control the desired temperature maintenanceof the pipes.
The HWAT-ECO and ACCS-30 electronic temperature controllers optimize the energy efficiency of the HWAT system by controlling the pipe temperature with either HWAT heat trace cable. The temperature set point can be programmed on a 24/7 schedule to suit the specific job requirements, providing the maximum water temperature control and energy savings to the end user.